Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Through North Carolina into South Carolina


It begins to rain, so of course the top has to go up. Lots of truck traffic through North Carolina after Sharon takes over the controls from me.







Now Sharon may tell me to slow down every five minutes, but for some reason when she drives the same rules *do NOT* apply! She steadily moves right through NC seeing a few Smokey Bears here and there...most of them in black Dodge Chargers.





We make it to South of the Border where Mia and Tia are waiting for their photo op. South of the Border may cease to exist in a few years, going the way of the many things on Route 66. Sophisticated travelers are looking for Starbucks, not 2 bit trinkets, hats and so forth. We actually were sort of saddened because much of what is around South of the Border seems to be deserted. Unfortunately, it seems that it might be the end of an era.







Just a little about *Mike's sack* (yes, this will be funny to the Chesapeake Roadsters!)
Mike told me when we packed that I should figure on taking enough for 3 days. So I mulled and anguished over what I should pack. Finally, I came up with my 3 days worth of clothing. This is one time that Mike is the clothes horse! He only wanted me to pack that much because he has enough for 5 or 6 days! I was limited but he was not, SOOOOO most of the sack belongs to him!! This is one time I didn't pack everything I owned.



Mia and Tia down for the night at the Fairfield Marriott in Florence, South Carolina. After going to Weather.com, we decide that it isn't the problem of sleeping in the tent in the rain, but more the torrential downpours that are expected this evening. It's all good though.....everyone knows that Mike LOVES Marriott points. Until this time tomorrow when we try to post again!

No comments: